Premium Turkey in Depth
Premium Turkey in Depth
Get to the heart of Turkish culture and history on this 15-day Intrepid Premium adventure. Discover stunning islands and a sunken city on a locally-guided boat cruise, get hands on in a Turkish cooking class using home-grown ingredients and join a local woman in her home for a specially prepared feast. Enjoy guided tours of Gallipoli, Troy, Ephesus, Antalya and more, and marvel at diverse landscapes, from the fairy chimneys of Cappadocia to the glittering Mediterranean Coast. Fall in love with the mystery, the legacy and the beauty of Turkey on this two-week odyssey.
- Istanbul – City Tour
- Istanbul – Blue Mosque
- Istanbul – Welcome Dinner
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Gallipoli – Anzac Cove, Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair
- Troy – Archaeological site visit
- Selcuk – Cooking class
- Selcuk – Leader-led orientation walk
- Ephesus – Archaeological site visit
- Sirince – Fruit wine tasting
- Pamukkale – Hierapolis and Travertines National Park
- Kayakoy – Village visit
- Kas – Leader-led orientation walk
- Kas – Sailing trip with seafood lunch
- Sagalassos – Archaeological site visit
- Antalya – Leader-led orientation walk
- Antalya – Antalya Museum
- Konya – Mevlana Museum
- Cappadocia – Leader-led orientation walk
- Cappadocia – Sunset drinks
- Cappadocia – Valley walk
- Cappadocia – Goreme Open Air Museum
- Cappadocia – Carpet weaving co-op
- Cappadocia – Pottery demonstration
- Cappadocia – Ozkonak Underground City
- Cappadocia – Kizilcukur Valley
- Cappadocia – Home-cooked dinner
- Join an experienced local leader as you stroll the ancient streets of Ephesus, uncover the secrets of Sagalassos, explore the legendary ruins of Troy and discover Istanbul’s Blue Mosque, Hippodrome and the Million.
- Enjoy a cruise around the hidden coves and islets of Turkey’s southern coast, guided by a local couple who have been navigating the waters for years.
- Feast your eyes on the best of Turkey’s otherworldly sights, from the Cotton Castle of Pamukkale to the psychedelic rockscapes of Cappadocia.
- Step into a fairy tale at Cappadocia’s enchanting Splendid Cave Hotel, where you’ll enjoy elegantly decorated rooms carved from stone and priceless views of the ethereal landscape.
- Get an authentic taste of Turkish cuisine during a tasty welcome dinner, cooking class using home-grown produce, freshly prepared lunch on board a boat cruise and dinner at a local woman’s home.