Magical Switzerland - Small Group, Winter 2021 2022
Magical Switzerland – Small Group, Winter 2021 2022
Experience Christmas like never before, as you admire snow-laden Alpine peaks, traditional markets and sparkling lakes with a highlight experience aboard the famous Glacier Express.
- Lucerne: Join your Travel Director and fellow travelers for your Welcome Dinner served with wine.
- Geneva: You will be delighted with a delicious fondue dinner at local restaurant, Le Petit Chalet, it’s a real Swiss treat.
- Dining Summary: 6 Breakfast (B), 4 Dinner with Wine (DW), 1 Lunch (L)
Top Rated Highlights
- Marvel at the the winter wonderland of passing landscapes as you travel through the Walensee and Grisons regions, through the Rhône Valley and along Lake Geneva.: Marvel at the the winter wonderland of passing landscapes as you travel through the Walensee and Grisons regions, through the Rhône Valley and along Lake Geneva.
- Christmas Markets: Lose yourself in the festive atmosphere of Christmas, where you can shop for local delicacies and try the heart-warming Glühwein. Explore on select departures.
- Lucerne: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the emotive Lion Monument, Jesuit Church and Chapel Bridge.
- St Moritz: During your orientation of this alpine resort see the spa quarter and glacial lake.
- Glacier Express: Travel along the route of the world-famous Glacier Express, through looping tunnels and dizzying viaducts, in the scenic heart of the Swiss Alps, on a regional train fully powered by hydroelectricity.
- Brig: During your orientation with your Travel Director cross the River Rhône and hear about this popular holiday resort at the foot of the Simplon Pass.
- Zermatt: Ride the shuttle trains of the Matterhorn Gotthard Railway up to the traffic-free Alpine resort. Should weather permit, you may even see the majestic peak of the Matterhorn.
- Chillon Castle: Led by your Local Expert, visit the castle set on a rocky islet in the lake. Following his walk through the dungeons in 1816, Lord Byron wrote the poem ‘The Prisoner of Chillon’. Look out for his name, which he carved into a pillar.
- Montreux: At the foot of the Alps this town boasts one of the most beautiful walks along Lake Geneva, join your Travel Director for an orientation before there is free time to explore.
- Geneva: During your orientation, your Travel Director will show you the Jet d’Eau and Floral Clock.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Zürich and Lovely Lucerne
Lucerne and St. Moritz
St. Moritz at Leisure
Aboard the Glacier Express
Zermatt, Matterhorn Village
Chillon Castle and Geneva